02 / STRATEGY
Asian American millennials strive to break the monolithic Asian stereotype and showcase their aspirations and talents to the mainstream. By creating the Nissan New Gen platform that featured a diverse and remarkable ensemble of Asian American influencers sharing similar characteristics with different Nissan vehicles, the brand established a positive and exciting image while reinforcing its claim on innovative technology.
Nissan was the first non-luxury auto brand to use the KOL-focused approach in the Asian market.
- KOLs featured as talent & voices in the videos/commercials
- KOLs utilized their social channels to endorse the campaigns
03 / EXECUTION
In-language (Chinese) creative was developed with the following strategic partners.
- Hallie Daily, award-winning fashion blogger, paired with the premium and luxurious Nissan Altima made with zero gravity seats.
- Eddie Huang, chef/author/TV personality, paired with the adventurous Nissan Rogue with propriety Nissan Intelligent Safety Shield®.
- Jason Chen, next-gen singer-songwriter/musician, paired with the 100% electric Nissan Leaf.
- Pieces of C, fashion blogger, paired with Nissan Sentra, packed with proprietary NissanConnect technology to keep you always socially connected.